Anna has been spending her time planning her lessons and figuring out the curriculum that she has to conform to at Mizrachi for the coming year. She's extremely excited, but it's a lot of work to complete, especially because this will be her first year, and has to produce so much material for her pupils. She's been reading books, textbooks, and ordering teaching materials like mad.
For my part, I've been shaking hands, handing out business cards, and in general letting people know that I exist and that I make movies for a living. I have not been operating at full steam just yet because we needed to devote a little time to getting our lives a little bit settled beforehand.
We have been shopping a lot. In a single day we may visit as many as 10 stores. We needed to buy everything from furniture to pictures to hang on the wall to Ziploc baggies for the kitchen. I think we're finally catching up with ourselves though, so real life can resume presently.
We've also been trying to go driving everyday, to give Anna the practice that she needs in order to A: get her license this summer and B: help with the driving to and from Minneapolis this summer.
Biking! We went on one long ride so far (20 miles)
It was a tough ride, and it may have been too much for our first ride of the season, but still it stands: We did it. Point of reference, the hill up Fairmount Blvd. from Chagrin River Road is longer and more intense than the one into Duluth, according to Anna.
We do have trips planned for the summer. One to Minneapolis, and possibly one to the Adirondacks as well. The one to Minneapolis will be very soon, probably this Sunday. The other we have not planned fully yet.
Anyway, here we are, and we're doing great!
No comments:
Post a Comment